The Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group (MAPMG) proudly provides the highest quality integrated care for over 800,000 members in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. We invite specialists for Virtual Urgent Care (Emergency Medicine or Family Medicine trained) physicians to provide virtual care services to our members throughout our service areas in DC, MD & VA.
Candidates must reside in Maryland, Virginia or the District of Columbia.
This position requires you to work clinical shifts in our Urgent Cares for the first 3 months before you begin your 100% telemedicine position so that you will learn our integrated system.
In collaboration with the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States, we provide high-quality, patient-centered health care. Through this partnership, our physicians are part of an industry-leading health care delivery model, having access to advanced technological tools and receiving comprehensive practice support.
MAPMG physicians are salaried, without the pressures of alternative payment models or fee-for-services. Our members have easy access to specialists and medical records, thus allowing you to treat the whole patient.
What You Can Expect:
- To provide virtual urgent care
- To keep current with telemedicine guidance, attends meetings and conferences, and provide insights to colleagues
- To keep current with emails as well as internal text and chat message platforms before each shift
- To be scheduled for VMC (scheduled) and GCN (on-demand) and E-visits (asynchronous care)
- To work evenings, overnights, and holidays (3 out of the 5 minor holidays, 2 of the major holidays, and one holiday eve)
- To work 1 out of every 2 weekends
- To work on-call, typically 1-2x per month
- MD or DO
- Board Certified or Eligible in Family practice or Emergency Medicine
- Experienced in all modalities of virtual care
- Currently licensed or able to obtain licenses in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia, willingness to obtain additional state licenses as needed
- Work visa sponsorship is available for eligible applicants.
- Practice patient-centered, culturally competent medical care
- Communicate thoughtfully (listen, educate, advocate)
- Lead with integrity
- Value teamwork
- Are transparent and honest
- Go “above and beyond” for their patients
We Provide You:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits include 100% employer-funded medical and dental insurance premiums, a pension plan and 401(k), life insurance, and annual leave
- Complete professional liability coverage provided at no cost, 100% reimbursement for obtaining and maintaining board certification, continuing medical education reimbursement, and in-house CME opportunities
- Clinical support team
- A concierge service that works directly with you to apply for all required state, CDS, and DEA licenses
Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity:
MAPMG continuously works to identify and mitigate healthcare inequities, and that starts with providing an inclusive, supportive environment for our physicians. We encourage applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin who value diversity and will commit to practicing culturally competent healthcare.