Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) - a physician led and accountable 450+ provider multispecialty group, has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a general, Non-Invasive Cardiologist to join a robust and growing practice located in Nampa, Idaho.
The selected candidate will join a 20-physician cardiovascular group practice integrated within Saint Alphonsus Health System delivering care to the region, including telemedicine and outreach opportunities. The Saint Alphonsus Heart Institute is an outstanding comprehensive cardiovascular program with many differentiating services including an accredited Chest Pain Center, a Joint Commission Certified Stroke Center, a Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery program, a CVOR that operated on over 400 patients last year, a growing CV Research program, dedicated Heart Failure Program, advanced EP lab with Stereotaxis robotics, a robust structural heart program, a dedicated prevention clinic. Boise-based cardiologists participate with hospital administration in co-managing the cardiovascular service line.
Support includes 21 APPs; three CT Surgeons; three Vascular Surgeons; Cardiac ICU; CVOR, CVICU and step-down unit; 74 SAMG primary and specialty clinic locations; Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance network of over 1,800 employed and independent providers; Level II Trauma Center & ED.
The schedule for this full-time opportunity is a traditional work week with Monday through Friday clinic hours, plus consults and rounding. Call is shared equally among physicians, with general (primary) 1:4 and interventional (back-up) 1:3. The practice is located on the Nampa Hospital campus with outreach clinics one to two times per month.
Requirements for this opportunity include:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency and cardiovascular disease fellowship program.
- Board certification through the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) in Cardiovascular Diseases OR the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine (AOBIM) with certification of special qualification (CSQ) in Cardiology - or obtain such certification within 3 years of employment.
- Current, unrestricted full license in Idaho and Oregon to practice medicine in all its phases.
- Obtain granting of privileges at SARMC- Boise and other health system affiliated hospitals as needed, valid controlled substance registration with Board of Pharmacy and DEA.
- Secure appropriate hospital medical staff privileges to include electrocardiograms, heart monitors and echocardiogram interpretation, stress treadmill testing & supervision, stress echos, defibrillator and pacemaker checks as well as transesophageal echocardiography.
- Nuclear cardiology skills are preferred but not required. Echo board certification is also preferred but not a requirement of the position. Cardiac Catheterization skills are not required.
This is a great opportunity for a Non-Invasive Cardiology physician to join a growing group practice.
Saint Alphonsus Medical Group offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- $150,000 sign-on bonus
- Student Loan Repayment
- PTO & CME Allocation
- Malpractice Insurance, including tail coverage
- Retirement (403b)