Number of Job Openings Available:
March 07, 2023
31009937 Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Associates Spine Clinic West Health
Day (United States of America)
8 hour shift
Hours Per Week:
Our team is growing! We are looking for an APP to join our Interventional Spine practice out of the west metro. At West Health, we share our area with Physical Therapy. Outpatient practice setting in clinic. Experience in Orthopedics and/or Spine strongly preferred. No call, day hours 8am-430pm, Monday-Friday. You will not be practicing surgical or procedural work.
Other services offered:
This APP will provide services for the spine service line in order to enhance and compliment those currently provided by the spine physicians. This will allow for increased access and quality adherence to our commitment as a Spine Center of Excellence. You will be working closely with a physician and facilitating follow up visits while physician performs initial consults. There may be some opportunities to see new acute cases. Case examples: injection progress follow ups or physical therapy follow ups. This is a non-surgical APP role. There are 5 physicians on the interventional team performing procedures.
Key Position Details:
About Allina Health: Based in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota, with 90+ clinics, 10 hospitals/13 campuses throughout the region including western Wisconsin, Allina Health operates in one of the nations most vibrant, livable areas. A place where you can build the career you wantand you and your family can be part of thriving community.
Abbott Northwestern - WestHealth is home to a growing number of Allina Health specialty services and programs, with more than 50 family and specialty physician clinics.
- Provides clinical care for patients
- Completes comprehensive patient assessments.
- Determines diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- Orders and interprets medical diagnostics in tandem with attending physician.
- Prescribes medications, treatments, therapy and medical equipment.
- Conducts patient education when working to manage chronic illness or wellness care.
- Refers for specialty care when determined.
- Consults with physician when patient needs outside of APP scope of practice, diagnosis or treatment plan is unclear.
- Master's degree completion of accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program required
- 2 to 5 years' experience post Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner training strongly preferred.
- Licensed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner - MN Board of Medical Practice required upon hire and
- ACLS-BLS Tier 2 - Multisource required within 180 Days and
- Certification as Physician Assistant - NCCPA National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioner certification equivalent upon hire required
- Drug Enforcement Administration upon hire required
- Orthopedic and spine experience preferred
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently