Number of Job Openings Available:
July 18, 2023
62799915 Penny George Institute for Health and Healing North
Day (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Provides help with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations as part of a physician/nurse team. Works in outpatient situations and can perform independently or as part of a treatment team. Serves as an educator, case manager, consultant to staff and multidisciplinary health care team.
Key Position Details:
- Provides clinical care for patients
- Completes comprehensive patient assessments.
- Determines diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- Orders and interprets medical diagnostics in tandem with attending physician.
- Prescribes medications, treatments, therapy and medical equipment.
- Conducts patient education when working to manage chronic illness or wellness care.
- Refers for specialty care when determined.
- Consults with physician when patient needs outside of Nurse Practitioner scope of practice, diagnosis or treatment plan is unclear.
- Participates in health care team
- Promotes communication within the team and other interdisciplinary health care staff.
- Acts as resource to members of the team.
- Works with primary care team for program development.
- Acts as liaison with outside agencies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years experience as an Integrative Medicine Provider or in the process of completing certification in Integrative/Functional Medicine.
- 2 years minimum experience post Nurse Practitioner training.
- Experience in providing integrative medicine consultations strongly preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse - MN Board of Nursing required upon hire and
- Certified Nurse Practitioner - ANCC - American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) required certification within specialty upon hire and
- ACLS-BLS Tier 2 - Multisource required within 180 Days and
- Drug Enforcement Administration upon hire required
- Valid MN Driver's License for those working in Complex Care for Seniors, Community Palliative Care and Hospice upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently